Before calling for service on your furnace, please check the following items, which are NOT covered by warranty.
- Is the power on? (Breaker, main switch)
- Is the filter clean?
- Are gas valves on?
- Is the furnace door on securely?
- Are the fuses and safety switches ok?
- Is the thermostat at the correct temperature?
- Is there debris in the blower cage?
- Are the return air grills blocked? Or covered?
- Turn the power off for 5 minutes, then turn back on to reset furnace?
- If the furnace is still not working, please feel free to call our office to request an appointment
Tips for energy savings
- Don’t forget to check you furnace filter monthly, replace if dirty especially in the winter months
- Lowering your thermostat by 2 degrees Celsius can lower your monthly heating bill by four percent
- Keep supply air and return air vents clear from furniture and blocking
- Use a programmable thermostat. Have a lower temperature programmed at night and warmer during the time that you are awake
- Turning your thermostat up to a very high temperature will not make you house warm any faster. Set at an appropriate temperature and it will warm at the same rate
- Do not heat unused rooms. If you do not use a certain room, close the heat register and close the door to the room
- On hot days, do not turn your air conditioner to the coldest setting. Gradually cool your home. By cooling too fast the air conditioning coil may freeze up.
- Make sure all the heating ducts are sealed and no air flow is leaking out
- If your system is over 15 years old, consider replacing